NHS certificates of unfitness for work – Fit for work note

You do not need a GPs certificate until you have been off work for seven days (including weekend days). If you are off for four or more days then you will need to self-certificate, and this form is available from your employer; self-certificate forms for the unemployed and self-employed (only) can be obtained from your local DSS office.